Sunday, August 2, 2015

RAMONES

I've been lucky enough to see the Ramones live 3 times. The first show was in my hometown which by the way is the first city outside of NY that the band ever played!

From Wikipedia:    At the band's first major performance outside of New York, a June date in Youngstown, Ohio, approximately ten people showed up.

The first show I saw them at was on October 4 1981.  I stood up front near the stage...which led to me not hearing well out of my right ear for 4-days!

 newspaper ad for the show:



my ticket stub:



The next show was on July 21, 1986 and was at the Phantasy night club in Cleveland. I bought a tour shirt (long gone!) and an autographed B&W promo photo. This was the ANIMAL BOY tour.

a flyer for the show:

  the photo:



The last I attended was at Kent State University. This was November 15, 1986. The thing I remember most about the show was seeing Stiv Bators in the parking lot & heading into the building.

an ad for the show:



my ticket stub:




what they sounded like in 1981....this performance is 22 days after I saw them:


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My dad was the lead singer for The Attitude, the opening act for the Cleveland show. They were such an awesome local group who could really rock! I have been looking everywhere for someone who may have footage or recordings from this concert.

    ReplyDelete